maandag 9 mei 2016

DWS assignment 3

Ireland’s road to the Euros


It has been a long and far from boring journey for the Boys in Green as they fought for their ticket to France. Ireland did not start their Euro 2016 campaign with high hopes. The Republic of Ireland was drawn in a group with world champions Germany and rivals Scotland, and with a team that played far from inspiring. After a strong start, 8 points from 4 matches, the Boys in Green got into a difficult couple of months: two draws following a defeat against Scotland. Irish supporters were looking to spend another summer on the couch. O’Neil, manager of the Republic of Ireland, needed to think of something new. Even after a 4-0 win against Gibraltar, fans still did not get their hopes up. That all changed when the German team came to Dublin. On October 8, 2015 something happened no one ever thought would have been possible: Ireland defeated world champions Germany with a 1-0 win. A thrilling couple of weeks followed to the play offs which would give them a ticket to France. It was not until the very last game, on November 15 2015 against Bosnia & Herzegovina, Ireland managed to secure their place in the group stage in France. Umbro proudly presents the shirt the Boys in Green will be wearing at the European Championships in France.




Social Media post by Umbro

Robbie Keane lead Ireland to Euro 2016. Now stand behind him and the other Boys in Green in France. Win tickets for the opening game against Sweden here: link





Reflection


In my blog I want to show the experience of what fans go through when they see their team play. It shows how important a silly game can be for an entire nation.
The technique I used in my social media post was AIDA.


2 opmerkingen:

  1. I like the story ( experience ) ! It make sence with your post andthe main idea and goal. Only the link is missing )))

    All in all, I like it , and I cannot say what is right and what is wrong. Great job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Nice story. Although it is specifically targeted towards football lovers and thus not much for me, I would like to read this if I was a fan. The only thing I feel is missing is the connection between the story and Umbra, which came in the end, but maybe consider also hinting at Umbro's importance somewhere in the middle or the beginning..?

    Another thing I was wondering about is: is your post linked back to your blog or is it a standalone post..? If it is linked back, try not to use the same picture in the post as in the blog (one of the Don'ts according to the lecture slides).

    But good story otherwise!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen